Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Heard the Heartbeat!

I had my 11 week appointment today - which was fantastic for a few reasons. First, I got to hear that beautiful noise...the heartbeat. I think I could listen to that all day long.

It was also the first time I met with my "real" OB. I have been going to an RE (Reproductive Endocrinologist) because of not being able to get pregnant at all and at my last appointment with him, he told me I would be transferred at 11 weeks. I was a little nervous, only having met Dr. Roos once before. But my RE highly recommended her, and as it turns out...I love her! She was really friendly and patient with all my many questions.

So, after all that, I headed to the hospital to visit my mom (she was admitted a few days ago, but as I write this, is home and doing better). Her RN on duty found out I was expecting and asked what doctor I was seeing. I told her Dr. Roos, and she said that was who she was seeing too (she is pregnant with twins), and that not only did her friends highly recommend her, but also, the staff at the hospital did, too. Apparently, Dr. Roos comes with quite the good reputation. I am so thankful!

So, all in all, it was a really great morning and we are praising God for blessing us with a healthy heartbeat at 11 weeks!

2 comments: